This book is specially dedicated to my princess Olivia. My love continues to grow for you more and more daily. To my mom Zipporah, thank you for being my source of strength and motivation. I wish we had more time together, but I know in spirit you are still with me. To Owillender, thank you for being the mom you didn’t have to be.
This book is also dedicated to every child and adults like me. Those who struggled with acceptance, insecurities, self esteem, trauma or even felt like life was hopeless. Always remember to keep your head held high and show the world your talent. If you dream, plan grind, you will always achieve whatever you set your heart and mind to. I’m a living proof of that.
When I began writing my book “Fostering Dreams: A child’s unique story of courage, perseverance and determination,” I did not give myself many rules. One in particular was to write about pivotal moments that changed my life drastically and lessons that I’ve learned along the way. Here are a few!
- Put your energy where it can be beneficial
- Every new day is a chance to change your life
- It takes courage to let things go. Whatever you are holding on to LET IT GO
- When you go through PAIN it makes you GRIND harder because it teaches you where you need to go
- Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were
- LIFE can be tough at times and sometimes impossible to live, but never lose HOPE
- Whatever you strive for or desire in life just know that if you look hard enough you will find exactly what you’re looking for, good or bad
- Goodbyes are hard, especially if they are not said nor explained
- Always count your blessings and do not give any attention to something that can harm your energy
- You will never change your life until you change something you do daily
- Don’t be a people pleaser
- Pain is the greatest motivator